KINDERGARTEN TEACHER VACANCY IN THE TAMAGAWA ACADEMY PRIMARY PROGRAM
Primary Division - Kindergarten
- Start Date：
April 1st, 2021
- Contract Length：
About Tamagawa Academy
Tamagawa Academy was established in 1929 by Kuniyoshi Obara and was built upon a balanced educational philosophy encapsulated in Zenjin (‘Whole person’) education. Information on the school’s educational philosophy is available in English on our website: https://www.tamagawa.jp/en/about/mission/
Tamagawa Academy has been authorized as an International Baccalaureate World School since 2009 and currently offers the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes bilingually in English and Japanese. In 2016 the kindergarten and primary school started a bilingual program in its elementary school and kindergarten to prepare children for the demands of studying the IB in English.
|Primary Division Kindergarten Teacher Person Specification||Essential||Desirable|
|A valid teaching certificate / qualification for kindergarten (3-5 years old)||○|
|Experience teaching kindergarten||○|
|Native English speaker or native-like English proficiency||○|
|Qualifications / experience in teaching English as a foreign language||○|
|Experience living and working in Japan||○|
|Ability to speak Japanese||○|
- Description of Duties：
Please refer to the attached file:
What we offer
- A generous salary
- Private health insurance
- Subsidized tuition fees for the children of staff (roughly 50%)
- One-way economy class airfare for employees hired from outside Japan
- Relocation allowance for employees hired from outside Japan
- Initial two-year contract renewable by mutual agreement
- Paid vacations (including all of August)
- A beautiful campus less than 45 minutes from central Tokyo
- A friendly and relaxed work environment
- Once relevant documents have been submitted, you will receive an email confirming your application.
- Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks and the first interview arranged. Applicants are encouraged to visit the school, but when this is not feasible, a video interview will be arranged.
- Candidates who pass the first interview and wish to proceed will receive detailed information about salary and conditions of employment. For the second interview, applicants who can visit the school do a demonstration lesson. Other applicants must submit a video of a class and/or a lesson plan.
- Candidates who pass the second interview and are happy to accept a position have a final interview with the President of the Academy. After this interview, applicants are sent an employment agreement which must be signed and returned to confirm appointment.
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting the following documents to the contact listed below.
- A resume/CV completed using the attached form. Please note, CVs not submitted in this format will not be considered.
- The contact information of at least 2 recent professional referees who can confirm your teaching-related experience and abilities. All referees should be education professionals at a recognized institution who directly supervised you. Please use the attached format.
- A copy of your teaching certificate(s) and/or licenses
- A short covering letter outlining your educational philosophy
Damien Pratt, Coordinator
Tamagawa Academy Bilingual Elementary School Programme