International Exchange Program: Study Abroad Experience (SAE)
Since the founding of Tamagawa Academy in 1929, and the subsequent establishing of Tamagawa University in 1947, Tamagawa has actively provided international education based on the premise "The Earth is our home." One of the University's initiatives is the Study Abroad Experience (SAE program), consisting of foreign language training and studying abroad.
Most programs are specially planned courses offered based on the exchange agreement between Tamagawa University and the institutions abroad. Consideration is given so that students not only learn the language and culture of the country, but also directly experience the people's lives through home stay and other means.
Students stay in a country for four months to one year. They usually undertake an intensive course on the language first, and then proceed to the area of their choice, where they study with the local students. Credits are given for the courses they complete overseas, and students are able to proceed to the next year of study at Tamagawa without repeating a year when they return.
Training sessions usually last for approximately three to five weeks, and are offered mainly during summer and spring recesses. The training gives an opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge and views through exchanges with the local people, while they learn the language and culture at universities. Credits are given to students, commensurate with the courses they have completed.
SAE (Study Abroad Experience) for Academic Students
- University College London,University of London, England
- Goldsmiths College,University of London, England
- University of Essex, Colchster, England
- University of Bath, Bath, England
- University of Westminster, London, England
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, USA
- Saint Michael's College, Colchester, VT, USA
- Dakota State University, Madison, SD, USA
- University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
- Tamagawa Gakuen Nanaimo Campus, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
- University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Université Catholique de L'Ouest-Angers, France
- The Chinese University of Hongkong, Hongkong SAR, China