Tamagawa Academy K-12 accepts applications and will offer Entrance Examinations as well as the required Entrance Interview to candidates for the IB Middle Years Programme according to the 2008-2009 Application Schedule. A maximum of 25 students per grade will be accepted. Applicants must demonstrate communicable Japanese language skills, including verbal and written abilities. Parents need to submit a Tamagawa Academy K-12 Application including appropriate fees. Parents are also strongly encouraged to arrange an appointment in advance for consultation, which may be conducted in person, over the phone or using e-mail.
For consultation and applications:
Approximate Tuition & Fees for Applicants (2020 Fee Schedule)
*Price in JPY
In addition to Tamagawa Academy's regular admissions schedule and process, opportunities for students wishing to join the International Baccalaureate classes are offered outside of the regular admissions process. Special circumstances may be considered for the families of students returning unexpectedly to Japan from abroad and for students wishing to apply from international schools within Japan.
Rolling Admissions Policy
For students to enter through our "Rolling Admissions" process, families must follow the process described below:
- Arrange an appointment in advance for consultation, which may be conducted in person, over the phone or using e-mail Please contact us via e-mail （email@example.com） or by telephone （+81 42-739-8601）.
- The parent/s or guardian/s of the applicant will be asked to discuss the reasons for applying outside of Tamagawa Academy's regular admissions schedule and process with our IB Admissions Officer and/or the IB Coordinators
- Following the consultation, Tamagawa Academy will determine whether or not an applicant's desire to enter an International Baccalaureate class through Rolling Admissions is appropriate.
- The parent/s or guardian/s of the applicant will then be notified as to whether or not the applicant may proceed to apply to enter an International Baccalaureate class at Tamagawa Academy.
Rolling Admissions Application Process
- Submit a Tamagawa Academy K-12 Application which will include submission of academic records, teacher recommendations and appropriate fees
- Arrange to take an entrance examination in the subject areas of:
- Partake in a personal interview at Tamagawa Academy K-12
Parent/s or guardian/s of prospective candidates for the International Baccalaureate classes may request a Tamagawa Academy K-12 Application through e-mail （firstname.lastname@example.org） or by telephone （+81 42-739-8601）.