Dual Diplomas -
National and International Recognition.
The unique opportunity of achieving both a recognized Japanese and an international diploma demands extra class time for students.
Tamagawa’s IB Programme students have 6-7 classes of class per day. The extension of the teacher-students contact time facilitates students developing bilingualism and the skills necessary for inquiry based learning.
- Guided by the Japanese national curriculum our IB Japanese classes are taught using the MYP Framework in grade 6-10, and the IB Diploma programme curriculum in grade 11 and 12. We offer Japanese A for native speakers and Japanese B for those still acquiring proficiency in the language.
- To prepare our students for Math in our Diploma programme we seek to establish early a respect and appreciation of mathematics. Following the Japanese national curriculum in grade 6-10 our students focus on acquiring math skills and thinking.
- Our English programme offers English A for native speakers and English B for those still acquiring proficiency. For the IB Diploma programme we offer courses in literature and for advanced language learners.
- Exploring the major fields of natural science students in grade 6-10 develop the knowledge and inquiry skills necessary to understand and explore science meaningfully. For the IB Diploma programme we offer courses in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Grade 6-10 focus on understanding Japan, its society, and its place within the world. Students acquire the skills to become active global citizens. Grade 11-12 explore historical crisis of the 20th century with an emphasis on East Asia.
- Covering the major disciplines of Art in grade 6-10, we offer visual art and film(online) at the Diploma level.