The University founded the Correspondence Education School ( Department of Education) in 1950. Since then, we have fulfilled a role as a university open to the general public.
Recent years have seen greater emphasis placed on lifelong learning. This new emphasis means that universities are now not only expected to provide high-level education and research, they are also required to provide society with broad learning opportunities and to be a source of educational resources for local communities.
Responding to these demands, we opened the Continuous Learning Center (TUCL) in 1993. We have taken major strides in accepting non-traditional students, and in providing a range of public seminars and courses.